[c-nsp] Out of Memory

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Oct 23 10:33:46 EDT 2014

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014, M K wrote:

> Hi allI have Cisco VXR 7204 NPE-G2 with 12.4 versionI have NAT
> statements and port forwarding configuration on the device , now when I
> try to add more statements i got the message out of memory , I reloaded
> the router and the same issue
> Any ideas ?

What does the output of "show mem summary" show?  Do you see any
potentially relevant messages in the logs around the time you get the
"out of memory" error?

Without knowing more details, all anyone can do here is guess.

Some possibilities:
1. You are legitimately out of memory.  What exact version of code /
feature set are you running?
2. I don't know if there is some upper bound on the number of NATs you can
configure on a 7204VXR using whatever version of code, feature set, and
configured features you're using, but that's a possibility.

jms