[c-nsp] DHCPv6 accounting on ASR1000

Christian Schmit cschmit at visual-online.lu
Fri Oct 24 05:37:01 EDT 2014

Hi,

 I am trying to setup DHCPv6 accounting to sent start/stop records to a
radius server however without success so far. TAC told me that apparently
in IOS XE 3.13 this would be working but not in any previous version like
IOS XE 3.7.x or 3.10.x according to their tests. We are currently on IOS XE
3.7.5 for our testing. The TAC engineer however cannot find any known bug
or information describing this issue.

 below is the config I tested:

 aaa accounting delay-start all
aaa accounting update periodic 120
aaa accounting network default start-stop group radius
aaa accounting network RADIUS-GROUP1 start-stop group radius
 !
 ipv6 dhcp pool SRV-P1
 prefix-delegation pool IPV6-P1 lifetime 86400 86400
 dns-server x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
 dns-server x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
 domain-name abcd.com
  accounting RADIUS-GROUP1
 !
 interface Virtual-Template1
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
 peer default ip address pool IPV4POOL-DYN
 ipv6 unnumbered Loopback0
 ipv6 enable
 ipv6 nd other-config-flag
 no ipv6 nd ra suppress
 ipv6 dhcp server SRV-P1
 ppp mtu adaptive
 ppp authentication pap chap
!
 ipv6 local pool IPV6-P1 A:B:C::/42 56
 !
 radius server VO-Radius
 address ipv4 a.b.c.d auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
 key 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
!

 Is anyone running dhcpv6 accounting successfully on the ASR1k? If yes
under which IOS XE version?

 regards,
 Christian