[c-nsp] unicast IPv4 packets punted on Cisco 4500

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 27 06:03:46 EDT 2014

>>> FYI, if there is a switch which doesn't allow one to disable MAC
>>> address learning, but supports ingress forwarding for SPAN(port
>>> mirroring in non-Cisco terms), then following configuration will
>>> achieve the same:
>>
>> Or just configure it as remote-span vlan:
>> vlan xy
>> remote-span
>
> If I configured VLAN 555 as a remote-span VLAN, then ports were
> suspended because access VLAN is remote SPAN VLAN. Or how did you
> think this?

You don't need to do this at all, since you can just disable mac learning
per vlan. This was just in case the platform didn't support disabling
mac address learning per vlan, where remote-span comes in handy.

Now, it doesn't work on access ports, thats correct. You would have
to reconfigure the port into a trunk to be able to do that.

Also see:
http://blog.ine.com/2008/02/05/turning-switch-into-hub/

Lukas