[c-nsp] shared experience if any

R LAS dim0sal at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 04:17:27 EDT 2014

Problems like unexpected reboot, unexpected recovery mode, console ports not working...

yes they want to keep 6500 with new SUP-2T and IA...

rgds

From: dim0sal at hotmail.com
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: shared experience if any
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 08:30:08 +0000

We've experienced a lot of problems in the implementation of a c6880 VSS with IA modules, currentyl still not fixed.

Now Cisco is proposing to replace c6800 with c6500 and keep again the IA implementation.

I'm wondering about the difference in terms of hw/sw performaces (6800 against 6500), if the implementation is
stable and if it's the right choice to point to a 6500 technology that is currently a bit old.

We're also thinking to move to Juniper....

Any advice/experience in appreciated.

Rgds