[c-nsp] Connecting PoP's with long distance

Adam Baxter adam1984 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 20:24:47 EDT 2014

Better off not using the Media Converters, for that you need to convert
from Optical to Electrical then back to Optical and its expensive if you
ever want to goto WDM.

Take a look at the following PDF.

http://www.finisar.com/sites/default/files/pdf/Introduction_to_Optical_Amplifiers.pdf

you should firstly get a print off from the provider showing the loss over
the path, then decide whether you need any equipment at the RP or just an
amp at each end.

Regards,

Adam