[c-nsp] Issue with MPLS implementation using cisco ME-3750-24TE-M within our backbone

thucydide tajouo tajouo at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 12 08:20:49 EDT 2014

I said : "Note that between PE and LSR, we use VLANs interface (because MPLS cannot be enable on physical interfaces)." because of what you can see on the image in attach according to this

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/metro/catalyst3750m/software/release/12-2_55_se/configuration/guide/3750metro_scg/swmpls.html#wp1182634

until now, i realize that when  MPLS is disabled on MPLS cloud interfaces, i can ping from one customer from another but when i enable it again, ping cannot pass.

Bests regards

Thucydide TAJOUO

Le Vendredi 12 septembre 2014 12h09, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> a écrit :

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014, thucydide tajouo wrote:

> Note that between PE and LSR, we use VLANs interface (because MPLS
> cannot be enable on physical interfaces).

What do you mean here? You can only do MPLS on the rightmost two SFP
interfaces on the ME3750.

> So i wanted to know if there are particulars details to consider when
> implementing MPLS with ME-3750-24TE-M. How am i supposed to do.

Apart from that they have very little RAM and forwarding table, everything
is fine :P They're very restricted, make sure you test them properly for
your scaling needs.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se