[c-nsp] I-BGP/IGP question

Rich Lewis RLewis at sis.tv
Tue Sep 16 04:27:47 EDT 2014

I know this is good practice, but only because I've heard lots of (very knowledgeable!) people *say* that it's good practice. So I just wondered *why*? :-) Is it just so you don't have to carry that external /31 to the real next hop in your IGP? I guess if you've got ten thousand exit points that wouldn't be desirable, but if it's just a couple of hundred say, is that such a bad thing? Or is there more to it than that?

----
An undeletable homily from the lawyers below this line, apologies.

Satellite Information Services Limited. Registered Office: Whitehall Avenue, Kingston, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK10 0AX. Company No. 4243307

The information in this email (which includes any files transmitted with it) is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. Unauthorized recipients are required to maintain confidentiality. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately, destroy any copies and delete it from your computer system.