[c-nsp] Bulk applying filters to subinterfaces

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Tue Sep 23 16:54:41 EDT 2014

On Sep 18, 2014, at 11:54 PM, Frank Bulk <frnkblk at iname.com> wrote:

> Apply ACL on your single uplink instead of on each downlink?

If possible I’d like to avoid that.  We have two transit connections
and at some point will be adding a few local peers.  The DSL segment
of our customer base is shrinking, and Im not sure how I feel about
blindly blocking ports on other business customers.  Unlike the
usual abuse issues we see this is strictly about blocking defective
CPE, not customer-managed devices.

At this point Id even settle for something like the interface range
command available in cisco switch gear…

I have been away from any in-depth IOS work that requires me to keep
up with new features, but the concept of a template for subinterface
config does not seem totally weird.  Is there such a thing?

Thanks,

Charles