[c-nsp] first post: SA-VAM2 question

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Sep 29 17:02:26 EDT 2014

  Hey folks, new listmember here.  Greetings to everyone; I'm sure I'll
see some familiar names here.

  I'm wondering if someone can clear something up for me.  I have a
7206VXR with an NPE-G1 with 1GB of RAM, running
"c7200-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M2.bin".  I am doing some IPsec tunnels
and everything works great.

  I picked up an SA-VAM2 module recently, which from everything I can
find should function in this configuration.  However, "sh diag" reports
this module as "disabled unsuitable deactivated powered off".  As
evidenced by the module's LEDs at boot time, it powers up momentarily
and then powers down.

  I think it ought to be working; I'm guessing I've missed something.
Possibly something rather stupid. ;)  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?  I appreciate any advice from the collective sage wisdom of
cisco-nsp.

               Thanks,
                -Dave

--