[c-nsp] WLC5700 and Unparalleled scalable wireless solution

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Sep 30 03:17:40 EDT 2014

> I would suggest taking a look at the 8500 series WLCs if that sort of scale is what you need

Yep. +1

It can do the numbers you are taking about... but your decision might be based on other requirements

Ps wism2 with 1000 APs - yes.  But the licencing is stupid.  It's astronomical and a farce. Almost as cheap to buy another wism2! A disgrace and something that is pushing me to think about controller-less solution for our next wireless refresh.

ie sort out your exhorbitant licencing cash cow exercise cisco or you won't get anything from us

alan