[c-nsp] Limited number of VFIs

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Apr 1 02:03:24 EDT 2015

On 31/Mar/15 23:17, Ulrik Ivers wrote:
> Yes, as far as I know this is a hard limit.
>
> I did an extensive research with tech people at Cisco regarding this when we bought our first ME3600's a few years ago. What they came back with was 26 VPLS instances maximum. Max 512 EoMPLS tunnels.
>
> Haven't looked in to it recently, so maybe it's possible to tweak it with a template change, but I doubt it.

The ME3800X will have more scale, I imagine. Anyone with one to confirm?

Since the ME3800X is built to be a more scalable version of the ME3600X,
it's unlikely the number of instances on the ME3600X will be increased
(even if the hardware may be able to do it).

The only change I recall that came down from the ME3800X to the ME3600X
was full VPLS support. Other than that, the ME3800X keeps all the
scaling goodies.

Mark.