[c-nsp] Changing Peer IP of VPN headend

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 19:49:40 EDT 2015

Hi Michael,
I don't know about the ability to provision IPSec on a secondary IP address on the router, but given you could pick up another 2801 for about $100 why not grab one, configure it up on your new IP address and cut things over in a more controlled fashion. You can move one tunnel at a time and just update your routing to point the traffic for each remote IPSec subnet/site to the appropriate router. Once you've got all of your remote endpoints moved to new IP address remove the surplus router.
Could also be a good chance to upgrade to something newer than a 2801 if you desire, although I'm not really an advocate of upgrading hardware if there isn't really any reason for it.

regards,Tony.