[c-nsp] VPLS : Loop avoidance

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Apr 8 12:38:49 EDT 2015

I think split horizon loop avoidance is a default behavior for pw's under a
vfi context.  So with that in mind , you should have no forwarding of frames
between the (2) neighbor pw statements under the 6880's l2 vfi.  I believe
that is treated like an etree service whereas the root of the tree is the
interfaces bound to vlan 582 and the leafs of the etree are the pw's under
the vfi.

Root talks to leafs
Leafs talk to root
Roots talk to roots (roots being other non-vfi interfaces/pw's on this
box.... such is h-vpls pw) - you may need to consider loop avoidance
mechanism's there
Leafs don't talk to leaf's - default shg behavior is I understand it

So interestingly each vpls member I think is it's own etree.

About this second interface you speak of, I might need to see that config in
order to feel better about commenting on it.

Aaron