[c-nsp] Nightmare for load balancing of L2VPN traffic on CRS (traffic from ME3600)

Darren Liew darrenssliu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 20:47:00 EDT 2015

Hi Guys,

We are a fixed line operator with majority of L2VPN xconnect traffic on our
network. Our equipments are

CRS-8    - Core P router
ME3600 - Access PE router

Most L2VPN xconnect traffic starts and ends at ME3600. We are beginning to
see our CRS-8 not being able to load balance among the bundle LACP links
due to hashing algorithm of CRS-8 box.

Cisco CRS-8 team suggested FAT-PW config at the ME3600 xconnect, but ME3600
team claims there's no roadmap for FAT-PW.

Anyone face similar issues & mind to share some options available?

Thanks !

Rgds
Darren