[c-nsp] 3850?

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Fri Apr 10 15:55:14 EDT 2015

> On 10 Apr 2015, at 12:42, Marco van den Bovenkamp <marco at linuxgoeroe.dhs.org> wrote:
>

>> I think there's an uplink module for the 3750-X series which does
>> netflow now, too?
>
> Yep. The C3KX-SM-10G. That'll do line-rate FNF (or so thaey claim; haven't used them yet).

It does and the only limitation here is cache size. There is a
way to RPSAN traffic from all ports in the switch despite this
module capable of monitoring only traffic transitioning it’s
ports using SFP loopback cable and one of the ports.

Without this module you can force generic 3k’s to generate
NetFlow info triggered by some specific events on the switch
by feature called Smart Logging and Telemetry:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/product_bulletin_c25-658743.html

For truly all-ports NetFlow capable solutions in Cisco access
portfolio go with 3650 and/or 3850.

--
"There's no sense in being precise when |               Łukasz Bromirski
 you don't know what you're talking     |      jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
 about."               John von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net