[c-nsp] 3850?

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Mon Apr 13 10:20:58 EDT 2015

Łukasz,

Thanks for the additional advice.

Hmm ... SPANing the traffic ... there's about 125Mbps going through that regularly, so analyzing the mirrored traffic may be a challenge. I suspect the encapsulation failures are basically from the continual flood of hack attempts coming in from the Internet.

We don't have MLS QoS turned on, because we have been nervous about changing default QoS behavior and causing unexpected side-effects. Have not tuned buffers either, since I understand that's a delicate operation. Again, don't want to hose things by accident.

It sounds like it's time to face the challenge, since inaction is obviously resulting in its own set of issues.

Thanks again.

Adam