[c-nsp] One Cat6k/Sup2T is software switching, its identical partner is not

Jeroen van Ingen jeroen at zijndomein.nl
Fri Apr 17 13:41:19 EDT 2015

On 04/17/2015 03:03 PM, Roland Dobbins wrote:

> On 17 Apr 2015, at 18:16, Jeroen van Ingen wrote:
>
>> Anyone with ideas how to dig deeper?
>
> sh fm sum

That's pretty similar to other "show fm" commands; "sh fm fea" says
these interfaces are partially reduced on ingress and "sh fm sum" says
"non-reducible features are ACTIVE inbound". Still no pointer at all why
these features would be non-reducible, since same config runs fine in
hardware on its partner.

> Reseat the linecard in question?

Haven't tried that, but I doubt that it would help. Issue is seen on
both 6904 linecards in the chassis... and I forgot to mention that the
sup has already been replaced, which didn't make a difference.

Thanks for thinking with me though!

Regards,

Jeroen van Ingen
ICT Service Centre
University of Twente, P.O.Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands