[c-nsp] ASR903 AToM

Mohammad Khalil eng_mssk at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 17 20:08:14 EDT 2015

Hi all
I have the below setup
I have ASR903 connected to ME3600 (both are acting as PEs)
The ASR903 is part of REP ring consisting of other 3400 switches with ASR903 being the primary
I have two CEs , one is directly connected to the ME3600 box , and the other CE is connected to one of the 3400 switches which are part of the REP ring
What am trying to do is to establish AToM (Xconnect) between the two CEs
The Vlan used for testing is 100 (there are other Vlans passing through the trunks that are not for MPLS service)

ASR903
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
 description Connected-To-AS1-G0/2
 no ip address
 negotiation auto
 rep segment 20 edge primary
 rep preempt delay 30
 rep block port 3 vlan 1-4094
 service instance trunk 1 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 100,200,300
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain from-encapsulation

interface GigabitEthernet0/1/0
 description Connected-To-AS2-G0/2
 no ip address
 negotiation auto
 rep segment 20 edge preferred
 rep preempt delay 30
 service instance trunk 1 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 100,200,300
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain from-encapsulation

interface pseudowire 20
encapsulation mpls
neighbor 2.2.2.2 20

l2vpn xconnect context L2VPN
member GigabitEthernet0/0/0 --> When I tried to put service-instance , it did not accept the command
member pseudowire 20

ME3600
interface vlan 100
no ip address
xconnect 1.1.1.1 20 encapsulation mpls

Now , the xconnect came up as shown in the output below

ME3600X#show mpls l2transport vc 20

Local intf     Local circuit              Dest address    VC ID      Status
-------------  -------------------------- --------------- ---------- ----------
Vl100          Eth VLAN 100               1.1.1.1         20         UP

ASR903#sh xconnect all
Legend:    XC ST=Xconnect State  S1=Segment1 State  S2=Segment2 State
  UP=Up       DN=Down            AD=Admin Down      IA=Inactive
  SB=Standby  HS=Hot Standby     RV=Recovering      NH=No Hardware

XC ST  Segment 1                         S1 Segment 2                         S2
UP pri mpls 2.2.2.2:20                   UP   ac Gi0/0/0:6(Ethernet)          UP

No ping between the two sites , I tried to modify the MTU vlaue on the interfaces going to the CE side , and the xconnect is down directly
I have tested L3VPN using the exact same setup (without modifying the MTU values on any interface) and it worked fine

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

BR,
Mohammad