[c-nsp] Incoming Traffic Load Balancing

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Apr 20 09:05:30 EDT 2015

On 20/Apr/15 15:01, M K wrote:
> Hi allI have a customer connected to my Edge router via two routers , each with one connectionThe public subnet will be given to him from my spaceHis main concern is load-balancing for incoming traffic Should I establish BGP session with him or there is a better solution?

For outbound (you to the customer) load sharing, you could write two
static routes on your edge router, each pointing to each of his routers.
This will create two equal-cost paths toward the customer.

For inbound (customer to you) load sharing, that will depend on the
customer's topology, but there are several options. With two border
routers on their side, it gets a little interesting.

Mark.