[c-nsp] One Cat6k/Sup2T is software switching, its identical partner is not

Jeroen van Ingen jeroen at zijndomein.nl
Mon Apr 20 11:40:04 EDT 2015

On 04/20/2015 05:28 PM, Andrew Miehs wrote:
> Have you tried swapping the two interfaces between the chassis?

Nope, because it happens on several interfaces in "router A", spread
across two line cards. Interfaces are in routed mode with several
subinterfaces configured; there's a clear pattern in the subinterfaces
that are fully hardware switched and subinterfaces that are partially
software switched. There's at least one subinterface where I can
manipulate the config; when adding PBR it goes to fully hardware
switched, when removing PBR it goed to partially in software. And
exactly the same configs always work fully hardware switched in router B.

My conclusion from that, is that swapping interfaces (which I interpret
in this case as swapping the transceivers) can't possibly make a difference.

Thanks for your thought though.

Regards,

Jeroen van Ingen
ICT Service Centre
University of Twente, P.O.Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands