[c-nsp] Cisco Router 2821 is having issue & getting error

Ahsan Rasheed ahsanrasheed9 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:28:20 EDT 2015

Hi Guys,

I am having issue in my lab router Cisco 2821. This router is booting on
rommon mode all the time. I checked flash of this router in another working
router. So flash is working fine in another router. I tried to use another
router working flash on this router i am still having the same issue &
getting the below error. Can anyone confirm me what is the issue on router,
file system is corrupted on router?. Any advise to fix this issue would be
appreciated.

*boot: cannot open "flash:"*
*boot: cannot determine first executable file name on device "flash:"*

System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(13r)T5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 2007 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Memory Dimms are not of the same type

DIMM0 is a ECC Memory
DIMM1 is a non-ECC Memory

c2821 platform with 524288 Kbytes of main memory
Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with ECC disabled

Upgrade ROMMON initialized
boot: cannot open "flash:"
boot: cannot determine first executable file name on device "flash:"
c2821 platform with 524288 Kbytes of main memory
Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with ECC disabled

Upgrade ROMMON initialized
*boot: cannot open "flash:"*
*boot: cannot determine first executable file name on device "flash:"*
c2821 platform with 524288 Kbytes of main memory
Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with ECC disabled

Upgrade ROMMON initialized
rommon 1 >

rommon 9 > dir flash:
dir: cannot open device "flash:"