[c-nsp] Slightly off-topic - Network Monitoring software

Mihai Tanasescu mihai at duras.ro
Fri Apr 24 12:11:21 EDT 2015

Hi,

PRTG ?
Nagios / Icinga / Opsview / other clones / forks - allow the most
customization but maintenance and changing eats quite a bit of one's
time (at least until the setup is in place)
Observium - nice, user friendly, when you want to have custom checks or
develop more than what the package already provides, then you need to
think a bit if it's really worth it
Cacti - not really monitoring, albeit you can install a Threshold and
Alerting plugin, plus you do have a nice weathermap

Cheers,
Mihai