[c-nsp] Upgrading Catalyst 6500 from 720-3B to 720-3BXL

Fernando García Fernández listas at cutre.net
Tue Apr 28 12:18:56 EDT 2015

Hello John and Gert

I assume that I must reboot. But what I wanted is to have a procedure that minimizes the downtime and allows me to go back if anything goes wrong.

If I don’t activate redundancy, could I copy the configuration from the active RSP to the new one so when I reboot with it (shuting down, removing old RSP) It can go up with the new one?

And yes, I now I will have to tune it up to avoid the 500k routes limit.

The final configuration will be just the
720-3BXL
and a
WS-X6748-GE-TX

(we are going to have another 6509 chassis for redundancy)

Regards