[c-nsp] Upgrading Catalyst 6500 from 720-3B to 720-3BXL

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Apr 28 14:49:03 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 06:18:56PM +0200, Fernando García Fernández wrote:
> If I don?t activate redundancy, could I copy the configuration from the active RSP to the new one so when I reboot with it (shuting down, removing old RSP) It can go up with the new one?

Personally, I'd boot the new RSP/Sup720 in a spare chassis, give it a
temporary network connection, "copy tftp startup-config" (including
mls cef settings), boot (to see whether it worked out correctly) and
then just swap the sups (power off, swap sup, power on).

That way, "if it does not work out", you just put the old sup back in -
and the downtime is about the same ("one full cycle") as with the other
method, even if that worked.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de