[c-nsp] TCP MSS on IOS XR

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Apr 28 16:34:45 EDT 2015

What version of IOS-XR?  What are the interface MTUs?

There were a number of TCP enhancements that went in around the 5.1 timeframe which impact the way window scaling works as well.

Also, do you have path-mtu enabled on all the devices?

on XR you want something like this:

tcp selective-ack
tcp window-size 65535
tcp path-mtu-discovery