[c-nsp] Question for TAC

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Apr 30 10:18:15 EDT 2015

On 30/04/15 14:36, David White, Jr. (dwhitejr) wrote:
> your rant.  All I can say is that engineers do need to take time off
> occasionally (whether sickness, travel or vacation), but it should not
> be something that you would experience regularly.

David,

Thanks for the reply - it's nice to hear from the other side. I'm sure
we've all had excellent TAC interactions to go with the bad ones;
availability heuristic is probably partly at play.

That said - I have seen this a little bit more than I'd expect, but it
could be selection bias working ;o)

My guess - people on c-nsp are more likely than most to have
long-running, complex TAC cases open, by virtue of their more
challenging use of the products (that use having selected for them being
on this list). This obviously increases the likelihood of an engineer
going on leave during the longer lifetime of the case.

Cheers,
Phil