[c-nsp] erspan - me3600

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Sun Aug 2 21:24:58 EDT 2015

Hi,

     I have an ME-3600X-24CX-M running ios 15.4(3) and I see that it
appears to support erspan. I want to be able to snoop on the TE0/1
interface and send that to a monitoring station elsewhere in my network
for analysis, but it doesn't appear to be working.

monitor session 1 type erspan-source
  filter vlan 1 - 4094
  source interface Te0/1
  destination
   erspan-id 1
   ip address 10.0.1.8
   origin ip address 10.0.15.2
!

sh monitor
Session 1
---------
Type                   : ERSPAN Source Session
Status                 : Admin Enabled
Source Ports           :
     Both               : Te0/1
Filter VLANs      : 1-4094
Destination IP Address : 10.0.1.8
Destination ERSPAN ID  : 1
Origin IP Address      : 10.0.15.2

     ...but there are no packets going to that host... it doesn't seem
to be generating any traffic at all. I've tried number of variations,
including monitoring cpu source and omitting vlans and such, no dice. I
am wondering if anyone can give me any hints on what I might be doing
wrong here?

Mike-