[c-nsp] Anycast GW for L2 subnet

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Tue Aug 4 18:58:20 EDT 2015

Hi folks,

It is interesting that there seem to be only two options to accomplish anycast GWs for the L2 subnet with selection based on closest proximity to a GW (would have thought there’re plenty of solutions out there with all the DC hype dating several years back).
I only found Anycast HSRP with fabric path and the Distributed Anycast GW for VXLAN with MP-BGP EVPN Control Plane –but that one seem to be only for the big boys :)

Has anyone played with Anycast HSRP with fabric path please?
Just would like to confirm I understand it correctly.
So ISIS calculates best path to the anycast switch ID advertising the HSRP MAC and since I can manipulate metrics on links between spine and leaf switches I should be able to dictate which leaf switches should be using which GWs right?
Because only paths to anycast switch ID with equal costs are considered for multipathing right? (i.e. there’s no unequal cost load sharing correct?)

Thank you

adam

        Adam Vitkovsky
        IP Engineer

T:      0333 006 5936
E:      Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
W:      www.gamma.co.uk

This is an email from Gamma Telecom Ltd, trading as “Gamma”. The contents of this email are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. This email is not intended to create any legal relationship. No one else may place any reliance upon it, or copy or forward all or any of it in any form (unless otherwise notified). If you receive this email in error, please accept our apologies, we would be obliged if you would telephone our postmaster on +44 (0) 808 178 9652 or email postmaster at gamma.co.uk

Gamma Telecom Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with limited liability, with registered number 04340834, and whose registered office is at 5 Fleet Place London EC4M 7RD and whose principal place of business is at Kings House, Kings Road West, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5BY.