[c-nsp] GRE fragmentation and ASR9001

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Aug 11 06:20:12 EDT 2015

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015, Gert Doering wrote:

> Indeed... "it might be implemented eventually, but today it isn't, so
> if you turn it on, your packets will be destroyed in creative ways" :-)
>
> But I'm relieved that it's not only me who can't find a formal word on this.

With the kind of router that ASR9k is, you most likely find it under
support if it works ok, otherwise it's not mentioned at all.

Re-assembly of fragmented packets is typically something that routers do
not do. As soon as you need to keep state across packets you need a fairly
differently engineered device.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se