[c-nsp] putty SSH errors on IOS-XR 5.1.1

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Aug 13 09:51:36 EDT 2015

On 13/Aug/15 15:44, Jared Mauch wrote:

> 	You really need to look at 5.3.1 as that fixes a lot of the SSH defects
> that were in 5.1.x.  We identified quite a number of defects such as if two people
> were logged in at the same time (eg: rancid, someone else) you would not be
> able to login anymore.

We are on 5.3.1 one due to a bug that breaks RSVP between IOS XR and
Junos in 5.3.0. But 5.3.0 was the first time we got this concurrent SSH
login bug fixed since moving from 5.1.2.

If you can't leave 5.1.2 quickly enough, your only option is to restart
the management process that handles access to the CLI.

Another reason to shift to 5.3.1 instead of 5.3.0 is this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/639/fn63979.html?emailclick=CNSemail

Upgrade before October to avoid the inconvenience (or something along
those lines, hehe).

Mark.