[c-nsp] Utility to identify orphaned ACLs and such?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Thu Aug 13 11:21:17 EDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 09:37:34AM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
> 	Cisco really needs to implement a 'show config dead' or similar type
> command that displays all these orphaned policies.
>
> 	I have a hard enough time with cisco parsing their own
> configs though I can't push on this now, perhaps someone else can?

	Apparently RPL in IOS-XR can do this:

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:Router#show rpl unused ?
  as-path-set       Display as-path-set objects
  community-set     Display community-set objects
  extcommunity-set  Display extended community objects
  ospf-area-set     Display ospf-area-set objects
  prefix-set        Display prefix-set objects
  rd-set            Display rd-set objects
  route-policy      Display route-policy objects
  tag-set           Display tag-set objects

This doesn't solve the problem of the OP, but may help others identify dead
policy.

	- Jared
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net