[c-nsp] TACACS/ACS on the internet

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.co.uk
Tue Aug 25 04:06:08 EDT 2015

Thanks James - The reason I cannot use any kind of RT/ BGP prefix list magic is that customers' networks are not in Vrf's.  We are far more of a hosting shop, with only a handful of customers using us for transit to their other sites.  We are a rocking a "1996 design model", with routing so scary that It would bend your bones.

It reminds me of this Ivan Pepelnjak quote " a network with multiple EIGRP processes (not an uncommon pre-MPLS/VPN solution; I did a network design along the same lines almost 20 years ago)."

We could get a public IP into the inside of the network without too much trouble.

For the ACL automation -are you using expect scripts / rancid or something more modern i.e a "cloudy orchestration puppet"