[c-nsp] Equipment for a large-ish LAN event

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Wed Dec 9 20:45:36 EST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 3:20 AM, Laurent Dumont
<ldumont at coldnorthadmin.com> wrote:

>  * Because of distance between the tables and our core, the event room
>    physical layout, we can't directly go from our access into our core.
>    It would simplify our design a lot, that is very true. That said, I
>    would try to run at least two cables from my access to my core.

Why then not place the "Core boxes/ N9K, N7K" where you would place
the distribution switches and then long line your uplinks to your
'core boxes'?

I would probably run all the switches as L3.
Each 2960 has is assigned a single /26.
Use OSPF to load balance and distribute all the routes.