[c-nsp] DSCP and Queue counters on 7600s

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 04:31:16 EST 2015

On 13 December 2015 at 18:19, Lukas Tribus <luky-37 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi All,
>>
>> Got some 7600s with RSP720-3CXL-10G and LAN cards (CFC, no DFCs) and
>> I'm "trying" to run QoS on them.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a command to show the number of packets that
>> entered each queue/show some queue counters?
>
> Afaik this should be it:
> show queueing interface <intfname>

Sadly that command isn't supported:

abr1#show q?
qbm

"show mls qos queuing int te3/1" shows me the MLS QoS configuration
such queue depths, bandwidth allocation, thresholds etc and the total
number of drop packets per CoS marking/queue. It doesn't show counters
per queue.

"show counters interface te3/1" is the same, it only shows lost
packets tx/rx, so if I use multiple instances of a basic traffic
generator like iPerf with different DSCP markings on each flow I don't
actually know which queues the packets are going into (so if there is
unexpected drops or traffic isn't being dropped etc, it's just guess
work).

This seems like a major floor to me. In the TAC case I have open the
engineer is saying he doesn't believe there is such a command.
Disappointing.

Cheers,
James.