[c-nsp] BGP Dynamic Neighbors + VRF

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Dec 14 10:14:17 EST 2015

On 8 December 2015 at 06:00, Wes Smith <fathom5 at live.com> wrote:

Hey,

> Hmm
> I grabbed that config from a working asr1002x on 3.16.
> I've been using  that for a while with dynamic neighbors in a vrf.
>
> range config is in the root bgp config and the peer-group is defined in the address family for the vrf.

I'm not sure if it's actually supported, might work by accident. If
the feature would be designed to work with VRF, surely range
definition would be inside VRF? Otherwise you cannot have same
networks in different VRF's.

Granted this wouldn't be first time CSCO introduced VRF configuration
which excluded non-unique addresses, original VRF-select was
main-level config, mapping IP address to an VRF.

It's such a shame all vendors treat VRF as a 2nd class citizen, I'm
convinced it also leads to higher code complexity keeping VRF and
global different, compared too approach where INET is just another
VRF.

--
  ++ytti