[c-nsp] Nexus3K / VPC and Twinax

Mike Hale eyeronic.design at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 01:47:37 EST 2015

>From a functionality standpoint, twinax works just fine.  We're tying
our FEXes back into our 5k cores using them, and they work well
enough.

Personally, I hate the twinax form factor.  The cables are thick as
hell compared with fiber, and we've had several of the connections
break in high-volume racks.  That said, I think the connections that
broke were from stupidly cheap third party manufacturers, so take that
for what its worth.

If you're deploying those switches in a location where the cables
aren't going to get mucked with and you're not stuffing your cable
management arms to the breaking point, they'll work just fine.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 8:55 PM, CiscoNSP List
<CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>

> Have a bunch of Nexus 3K's (3048TP) that need to be connected in pairs(VPC) - Connecting via 2 of the 10Gb SFP+ ports is the "standard" method?
>

> And SFP-H10GB-CU1M would be the cable of choice (i.e. cheaper than fibre SFP+'s/patch cables....but any issues with these over the fibre alternative?)
>

> Cheers

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0