[c-nsp] ASR9006 - CG NAT - VSM-500

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Tue Dec 22 15:48:05 EST 2015

I'm wondering if cgn nat44 supports adding an additional subnet to an
existing cgn nat44 service.

in my test lab, i added an additional subnet to my cgn nat44 service (call
it subnet B) and i did not see the additional addresses show up in the
..."sh cgn nat44 nat1 statis"

then, worse, when i removed subnet B, cgn nat44 crashed.  broke completely.

the way to fix was to remove the original subnet (call it A) commit change,
readd subnet A, commit change, and cgn nat44 works again.

IOS XR 5.3.1
ASR9006
VSM-500
RSP-440-TR

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1#sh run service cgn *
service cgn cgn1
 service-location preferred-active 0/3/CPU0
 service-type nat44 nat1
  portlimit 65535
  alg ActiveFTP
  inside-vrf six
   map outside-vrf one address-pool 123.123.193.0/24
   external-logging syslog
    server
     address 172.22.14.121 port 514
      session-logging