[c-nsp] SNMP for ip virtual-reassembly

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 15:52:02 EST 2015

> Does anyone know an OID I can poll to track the ip virtual-reassembly
> counters.

If you mean ip packet reassembly, there's the rfc-1213 mib

          ipReasmReqds OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX  Counter
              ACCESS  read-only
              STATUS  mandatory
              DESCRIPTION
                      "The number of IP fragments received which needed
                      to be reassembled at this entity."
              ::= { ip 14 }

          ipReasmOKs OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX  Counter
              ACCESS  read-only
              STATUS  mandatory
              DESCRIPTION
                      "The number of IP datagrams successfully re-
                      assembled."
              ::= { ip 15 }

          ipReasmFails OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX  Counter
              ACCESS  read-only
              STATUS  mandatory
              DESCRIPTION
                      "The number of failures detected by the IP re-
                      assembly algorithm (for whatever reason: timed
                      out, errors, etc).  Note that this is not
                      necessarily a count of discarded IP fragments
                      since some algorithms (notably the algorithm in
                      RFC 815) can lose track of the number of fragments
                      by combining them as they are received."
              ::= { ip 16 }

>   Also is there a reliable method to determine how much CPU is
> being consumed by this process?

dunno, but since you asked the question on a cisco specific mailing
list, try looking at CISCO-PROCESS-MIB.my

Regards,
Lee