[c-nsp] question on s/rtbh 6500 with sup720-3cxl

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Feb 9 04:56:09 EST 2015

On 9 Feb 2015, at 16:48, Nick Hilliard wrote:

> If you check the destination interface of this prefix in the netflow
> record, you should see that it's being dumped.

We've corresponded 1:1 about this - OP is investigating whether the
traffic is being seen further downstream and/or if it's ingressing at
multiple points, and is looking at putting bogon ACLs on his edge
interfaces.

The problem with NetFlow on pre-Sup2T/-DFC4 is that it can't be trusted
at all.  One of its many caveats is that it doesn't always report
dropped traffic properly (i.e., destination ifindex 0, as you indicate).