[c-nsp] question on s/rtbh 6500 with sup720-3cxl

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Feb 9 13:29:39 EST 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 11:19:12AM +0000, Phil Mayers wrote:
> It's probably not your problem, but just in case - bear in mind that
> sup720 can only support a single uRPF mode globally. You can't have some
> interfaces in loose and others in strict.

Which in general is something I can accept (it's documented, after all).

What is totally silly is that the box changes all *other* interfaces if
you happen to configure "the other mode" on a new interface - it should
tell you "go away, can't use <this mode> here" instead.

(Fat-fingered an upstream port to "strict mode" that way, changing
a customer interface on the same box.  Shouldn't have done that, on
many aspects, I agree)

Some people who develop software have just no idea how to make software
fail in sane ways...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de