[c-nsp] Storm-Control

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 06:52:51 EST 2015

> I have ME3400 with one of the connections is configured as trunk
> and port-type nniI applied storm-control on the interface and
> service was degraded

What exact storm-control configuration did you apply (there are many)
and what exactly do you mean when you say the service degraded
(was unicast traffic degraded or broadcast/multicast)?

> when I make the port access everything is fine , is there any
> restriction on the trunk/access setup on the port?

No.

But when you have bogus incoming broadcast traffic on an
unused vlan, storm-control will start dropping broadcast on all
Vlans, because there is no "fairness" within storm-control. It
just starts dropping packets.

Lukas