[c-nsp] ASR9k CGN NAT

Mohammad Khalil eng_mssk at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 07:32:19 EST 2015

Hi
I have two ASR9k with ISM modules running the CGN NAT service
I have configured two /21 pools on each box , which means 4096 IP address for each box , when I check the statistics
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:CGN-3G-NAT1#show cgn nat44 nat1 statistics
Statistics summary of NAT44 instance: 'nat1'
Pool address used: 4096

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:CGN-3G-NAT2#show cgn nat44 nat1 statistics
Statistics summary of NAT44 instance: 'nat1'
Pool address used: 3876
Why the 4096 is reduced on the second box ? and the value varies but did not reach even 4000 ?

Thanks
Mohammad