[c-nsp] flexible netflow - ASR1K / vrf

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Jan 10 16:05:25 EST 2015

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 06:28:50AM +1100, CiscoNSP List wrote:
> Just an update to this - I opened a TAC case, but it wasnt progressing (They were saying it was expected behaviour).
>
> I showed them similar test to+through a 7200 (ping), and Netflow reported trafffic in both directions.
>

> I also tried connecting a laptop directly to the ASR(No BDI Int), enabled FNF on that Interface, and voila, saw flows in both directions....so it appears to be an issue with BDI Interfaces/Netflow....TAC agree, and are currently looking at it as a potential bug..how long this will take is anyones guess.

Whether you see input or output flows fully depends on how you *configure*
your netflow.  Like, "ip flow ingress" plus "ip flow egress" on the same
interface will show you both directions, only one of them will give you
only one.

Some platforms have limitations, like 6500 without per-interface netflow
will always give you "everything!" (which implies "both directions").

But if you configure your monitor with "in", TAC is right telling you that
it is not supposed to give you flows "out".

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de