[c-nsp] command that can display the dropped routes containing AS loops

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Jan 12 10:01:10 EST 2015

On Mon, 2015-01-12 at 22:17 +0800, Song Li wrote:
> I am curious about the AS loops in the AS-path. I think there should be
> a very, very few received BGP routes that contain the local AS#. But
> because such routes will be dropped and not installed in Loc-RIB, I want
> to know if there is a command that can display the dropped routes
> containing AS loops on cisco. Does anybody know?

If you have "soft-reconfiguration inbound" configured on the neighbor
you could probably use:

  show ip bgp neighbor 192.0.2.10 received-routes | incl _64512_

where 65412 is you own AS. You would need soft-reconfiguration since it
would otherwise not make it into the BGP table. Keep in mind the risks
regarding memory when enabling it. And the above command might be rather
slow since it has to process the whole table as text.

I don't know of any other way though.

--
Peter