[c-nsp] ASR1000 QFP/ESP utilization

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Fri Jan 16 14:10:29 EST 2015

Chuck,

> On 15 Jan 2015, at 13:06, Chuck Church <chuckchurch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I took that as
> meaning the % of BW against your ESP limit such as 5 gigabit in this case.
> Our two I'm looking at (both running 3.7.4) look like this (bottom 3 lines):
>
> Total (pps)                              344698      357155      334210
> 340850
> (bps)                               2266105832  2329040800  2187654192
> 2239088888
> Processing: Load (pct)           4                   5                     4
> 4
>
> The % listed is 4 or 5, yet the bps total seems to be about 2.2 gigabit, or
> approaching half  of what the ESP5 should be able of doing.  Should I just
> use the bps line and ignore the processing load line?  I'm not sure what
> it's indicating a percentage of.  The total bps line matches up pretty well
> with the 5 minute input count of all interfaces.

The processing load (percentage) is quite low, as ESP CPU may not be
tasked with lot of things to do on the traffic itself. Depending on the
features configured you may be either higher or lower.

--
"There's no sense in being precise when |               Łukasz Bromirski
 you don't know what you're talking     |      jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
 about."               John von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net