[c-nsp] DHCP Proxy

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Jan 20 03:06:47 EST 2015

On Tue, 2015-01-20 at 10:09 +0530, Ambedkar wrote:
> I want to send the Proxy settings includes IP address, port number through
> DHCP in cisco routers and switches.
>
> Is it possible to send ?
> If yes, How ??

Can you be a bit more precise? Do you want to forward DHCP requests on a
non standard port, i.e. not 67/UDP? You could configure IOS to forward
the packets as such, but I'm not sure the forwarding router will fill in
the required GI-address and other stuff. Otherwise it's:

 ip forward-protocol udp <port>

Maybe IOS will recognize that it's UDP as long as it's processed, or
maybe it will only do the DHCP relay specific processing on port 67/UDP.

If you could describe what problem you're trying to solve then maybe
someone on the list has good advice. :-)

--
Peter