[c-nsp] How can I increase Ethernet MTU?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Jan 24 04:14:16 EST 2015

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 04:17:34 PM Victor Sudakov wrote:

> How do I configure the switches to pass frames with
> MTU=1600, if possible, without disrupting the service?

On the 3560 and 3750, it is a global command, and not per interface:

	conf t
	 system mtu jumbo

You will need to reload the box, however.

I'd go for the full 9,000 bytes. You never know what will happen in the
future, especially if get access to dark fibre and/or use a carrier that
support very large MTU in their core.

Mark.