[c-nsp] Enabling multicast routing on 3750G platform

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Wed Jan 28 12:55:20 EST 2015

Enable PIM on the loopback.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (RS/SP)
amsoares at netcabo.pt
http://www.ccie18473.net

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Lobo
Sent: quarta-feira, 28 de Janeiro de 2015 17:38
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [c-nsp] Enabling multicast routing on 3750G platform

Hi everyone.  I've been trying to get multicast routing to work on a single
3750G switch between two vlans but for the life of me it just doesn't work.
When the host and receiver are on a single vlan the streaming works but then
you don't even need multicast routing enabled for it to work.
When I split the two hosts onto separate vlans that's where the problem
begins.

This is what I've configured so far and I'm sure it's just some extra
commands I'm missing or something:

ip multicast-routing distributed
!
ip pim rp-address 3.3.3.3
!
interface Loopback0
 ip address 3.3.3.3 255.255.255.255
!
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1
switchport access vlan 100
!
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2
switchport access vlan 200
!
interface Vlan100
ip address 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.0
ip pim sparse-dense-mode
!
interface Vlan200
ip address 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.0
ip pim sparse-dense-mode
ip igmp join-group 239.0.0.1
!

The server streaming via VLC is 1.1.1.1 and is using 239.0.0.1 for the
multicast address. The receiver is 2.2.2.1 and using VLC to stream.  I can
see the traffic coming in on port 1 but no traffic leaving the switch's
other port.

BTW, I tried dense-mode and sparse-mode as well with similar results.

Any thoughts?

Jose