[c-nsp] SFPs (Third party) - ordered "standard" LH, but got "ZX"

Peter Persson peter.persson at bredband2.se
Mon Jul 6 07:09:10 EDT 2015

Hey,

Its a pretty common behaviour since all machines read from different places
on the EEP rom.

Normally it is Cisco ASR that reports from a different place of EEP.

The SFP is a LH/LX optics, but reports as a ZX.
Example:
NAME: "GigabitEthernet 0/7", DESCR: "1000BASE-ZX SFP"
                                           Optical   Optical
           Temperature  Voltage  Current   Tx Power  Rx Power
Port       (Celsius)    (Volts)  (mA)      (dBm)     (dBm)
Gi0/7        41.9       3.29      18.9      -6.8 --   -4.4