[c-nsp] ME3600X mLDP

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jul 10 04:41:18 EDT 2015

On 10/Jul/15 10:16, Peter Persson wrote:
> Mark,
> Me3600 is a good box when you dont run anything in it... Try running
> EoMPLS, vrf with dynamic routing, and so on, and it will crash sooner
> AND later.

Not my experience.

We have tens of ME3600X's (and more being deployed), each one
simultaneously running IPv4, IPv6, EoMPLS, VPNv4, VPNv6, BGP (full
IPv4/IPv6 tables), BGP-SD, with customer traffic in the hundreds of Mbps
to sub-10Gbps. No issues at all, solid as a rock.

The only real problem we've had with the ME3600X is lack of (r)LFA
support when running Implicit-Null MPLS. This is fixed in the ASR920,
but will never be fixed on the ME3600X. Consequently, we don't run
(r)LFA on the ME3600X's, since we prefer Implicit-Null MPLS forwarding
to Explicit-Null MPLS forwarding.

Code here is 15.4(3)S2.

Mark.